Zohar School of Dance
Welcome to Zohar School of Dance!
Zohar School of Dance was founded in 1979 by Ehud Krauss. Some of our current students know us from the time we officially had our own studio space at Terman Middle School on Arastradero Road. Others of you may remember us from the time on California Avenue and going next door to Printers Inc. for some great coffee! And now we are at the Cubberley Community Center conveniently located in South Palo Alto and bordering Mountain View.
We were not always in the room we are today. When we first moved to Cubberley, we were in the studio that Dance Connection is now occupying. We had that room as well as the adjoining room, L6. We made the move to L4 for the spaciousness and the restroom! ;) It was quite a trek for the women to go down the hall and two buildings over to use the restroom! Today, Daynee carries on the unique style of jazz that Ehud developed over the years.
Although mainly an adult studio, younger students do participate as well and are welcome. We have true beginners, the dance hobbyist, professionals, and academics all taking class at Zohar. They come from cities as close as Mountain View and Los Altos, and as far away as San Francisco and Los Gatos!
• Zohar has one studio*
• The dance floor is sprung-wood covered by an all-purpose marley, suitable for ballet, jazz, modern, tap, flamenco....
• The dance floor is approximately 45'x48' with mirrors on 2 walls
• Dressing rooms for women & men
• A unisex restroom
• There is room to stretch out prior and after class
• We have filtered water courtesy of Osmotron
• The facility also has risers and is equipped with theatre lighting for low-tech performances
• *On Saturdays, we use room L6 for the jazz class
Looking forward to seeing you in class!